1. English is the official language of this trip.
2. It is not allowed, under any circumstance, for any student to separate from the program during the trip.
3. All students must bring their original passport on the trip, however please leave a copy of your passport with your host family.
4. Each student must submit the proper authorization forms to the Belo USA Travel office 7 days before the start of the trip or the student’s reservation may be cancelled. Students who arrive on the trip without the proper forms submitted will not be able to participate and will responsible for any fees associated with an early return flight.
Additionally, at the beginning and end of the trip, each student must leave from and go directly to their host community, unless the student has written permission from Exchange Student Organization host family.
5. Belo USA Travel Inc. is not responsible for buying any bus, airline, and train tickets from the trip's final destination to your host city. It's the student's responsibility to pay for the ticket.
6. Illegal drug use of any kind is prohibited.
7. Stealing of any kind will be severely punished in addition to any possible legal consequences.
8. Purchasing or consuming alcoholic beverages is strictly forbidden.
9. Tattoos and body piercings are extremely discouraged and allowed only with the preauthorization of the natural parents and sponsor/local exchange student organization.
10. Our schedules and itineraries must be followed by all students. The trip coordinator reserves the right to make changes in the schedule when necessary or if it is in the best interest of the group.
11. Lodging does not cover incidental costs, such as phone calls, mini-bar purchases, etc. If the students decide to use these services, they are responsible for paying these costs.
12. Keep luggage to a minimum. All students will carry and be responsible for their own luggage at all times. The maximum amount allowed is 50 pounds (23 kg) and a carry-on bag (small bag or back pack). Remember to keep those items you will need during the day with you on the bus - like iPods, cameras, wallets, etc.
13. This trip will have one exchange student organization volunteer accompany it as a chaperone per bus.
14. All departure and arrival times to/from our activities will be decided by the coordinators, depending on the exact length of each activity.
15. The trip has a limited number of vacancies, which will be filled on a “first come – first serve” basis.
16. There must be at least 35 students signed up to open up the trip. However, there is a possibility for us to open more buses depending on the number of reservations.
17. Belo USA Travel Inc. reserves the right to operate the trip program backwards (i.e., switching the departure city and the arrival city) if needed because of number of students and availability.
18. Swimming: Even if you know how to swim please BE CAREFUL, because you are unfamiliar with the pool/places and are not aware of all potential hazards.
19. Please note that additional expenses are different for each individual. We believe that $20/per day is enough for food, extra entertainment, optional items, etc. Please remember to bring additional money if you are planning to buy gifts. Also remember that anything you buy will have to fit into your suitcase in order to get it on the bus and back home.
20. There will be plenty of ATM machines available during the entire course of the trip in case you need more money.
21. Please bring all cash in U.S. Dollars.
22. If you are not comfortable traveling with cash, Traveler's Checks are a safer option. Most banks in the US can provide you with Traveler's Checks, which are accepted at most commercial locations.
23. Travel expenses from your host city to the trip's departing airport are not included in the program fee.
24. If you take any regular medication, make sure to bring enough for the trip's duration. Also, please bring a copy of the prescription in case you might need it (just to be safe).
25. Since we will be outside, please be careful and use lotion/sunscreen.
26. If any student's conduct is considered harmful to the rest of the students, or if any student breaks any of the program rules, he or she can be sent back to their host community immediately, assuming all extra costs, to his or her host city/family. Additionally, any violation of the rules and any students removed from the program will be reported to exchange student organization.
27. All prices are in U.S. Dollars. In case of payment by international wire transfer, the dollar/euro/your local currency exchange rate to be considered for conversion will be the one listed by Chase Bank / JP Morgan on the day that the payment arrives in the USA.
28. All other optional activities that may be offered during student's free time are considered extra costs, and therefore are not included in the overall trip price.
29. Belo USA Travel Inc. is not responsible for the cost of the student's travel expenses from his/her host city to the departure point and back.
30. Lost & Found: All the students' items found during the trip will be sent to Belo USA's office and kept for 60 days after the end of the trip. Any student who has lost something must send us an e-mail with the description of the item within 60 days of the end of the trip. Postage to return the item to any student is the student's responsibility.
31. All students who take part in this trip grant image use rights to Belo USA to produce a Trip VIDEO, as well as use of photos from the trip on our website and program materials.
32. The trip video will be sent to the students within six months of the completion of the trip. Belo USA will contact students by email when the video is ready. You will be sent a link and a password in order to view and download the video.
33. In case you do not receive an email containing the link to the video, please contact Belo USA with your current email address.
34. When the DVD is ready, Belo will email each student asking for their current address (whether in the USA or overseas). If mail is returned due to wrong address, address change, or no claim - Belo will inform the student of the returned mail and if desired, the student must pay for the mail to be resent. Payment must be made by credit card including the appropriate fees charged by the card company.
35. Once any student requests the description of any of the trip's programs organized by Belo USA Travel Inc., the client declares to know and to agree with all the terms of this General Conditions, which can be found in our trip program or on our website.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
36. In case we do not achieve the minimum number of participants needed, Belo USA Travel Inc. reserves the right to cancel the trip or to transfer the date and/or to offer other options of tours as well, according to the clients wish. If this occurs, all payments already made will be returned in full.
37. If the student chooses to leave the program or is sent home for breaking any program rules, he/she will pay a penalty according to the date of his written order to cancel the tour, read below:
* Cancelled more than 30 days before the beginning of the trip: 10% of the trip's price.
* Cancelled between 29 and 21 days before the beginning of the trip: 20% of the trip's price.
* Cancelled between 20 and 7 days before the beginning of the trip: 40% of the trip's price.
* Cancelled between 6 days or less before the beginning of the trip: 100% of the trip's price.
- If a student cancels his or her trip, any payments previously made cannot be transferred to another student or host sibling.
38. Any student who leaves the trip during the program for any reason will not receive any refund.
39. A request for reimbursement due to trip cancellation because of an early return of the exchange student to his/her original country must be made to Belo USA Travel Inc. at least seven (7) days in advance of the program trip's departure. After the initial request, reimbursement will be made to a U.S. bank account and the penalties will be applied according to the Cancellation and Refund Policy(above). If the student does not follow the deadline established by the program, making it necessary for us to proceed with the reimbursement through International Wire Transfer, all taxes and bank fees will be the client's responsibility.
- In case of early return of the student from the trip or to his/her original country, cost of return ticket is the student's responsibility.
40. Any cancellations or withdrawals must be made in writing – via letter, fax, or email – by the tour's participant to Belo USA Travel Inc.
41. Belo USA Travel Inc. is not responsible for any reimbursements or change fees associated with flight or travel arrangements.